To: Wednesday 08.03.17
Damaged Books and Bound Archives: First Practical Steps
British Library, 96 Euston Rd, London NW1 2DB
Led by Caroline Bendix, whose clients include the National Trust and English Heritage, this training day is aimed at librarians and archivists.
The course provides an overview of how books and bound archives become damaged, action to minimise damage, and first steps to address common forms of damage.
By the end of the day delegates will be able to:
- Recognise different types of damage
- Understand how damage is caused
- Minimise damage to books in their own organisation's collections
- Identify appropriate treatment options
- Make a protective enclosure for an item
- Recognise when volunteers could be used and when a conservator is needed.
£130 – book below.
Image: Bookworm damage; CC BY-SA 4.0