Book and Paper Group Professional Development Bursaries
The Book and Paper Group are delighted to announce the details of our new Professional Development Bursaries for book and paper conservators.
The two year scheme – which is financed with profits from our 2015 Adapt and Evolve Conference – will support professional development by funding training and research in different areas of book and paper conservation. The Group will award up to five £100 bursaries every six months for the next two years to support conservators undertaking such training or research.
The scheme is open to all Icon Book and Paper Group primary members who are current employed in, or are pursuing a career in book or paper conservation. In order to benefit a range of members, we aim to award bursaries in the following categories.
• ACR/ACR Pathway
• Independent conservators
• Conservators employed in institutions
• Conservators who are looking for work, post-qualification or with equivalent experience
All bursary recipients will write a short report of their project, which will be published by Icon.
To apply for one of the bursaries you must complete a short form, which will include a brief statement about the project for which you are seeking funding.
The deadline for the next round of applications will be announced in April 2017.
- Applicants must be current Icon members with Books and Paper as their primary group.
- All applications will be judged anonymously by a subcommittee of the Book and Paper Group. The subcommittee’s decisions are final.
- The cost of the training or research need not be exactly £100. The bursary can be a contribution towards an activity costing more than £100, and applications for less than £100 will also be considered.
- Successful recipients will be announced in January 2017. Receipts for all relevant costs must be submitted after the project is complete.
- All bursary recipients must submit their project reports to Icon (including relevant images) within 1 month of completing the project.
- Unsuccessful applicants may reapply for future rounds of bursaries, but successful applicants may not.
For any other questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as Book & Paper Group CPD Bursaries and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Image: Public Domain