Key Advocacy Messages
Icon’s key advocacy messages are introduced below. They are the bread and butter of the messaging in our policy responses, briefings, factsheets and stakeholder engagement. We encourage everyone who shares our commitment to conservation to use the messages to advocate on behalf of cultural heritage.
We aim to translate what cultural heritage conservation means for us in our everyday lives as individuals, communities and a society. While we know what a conservator does or what ACR stands for (Accredited Conservator-Restorer), we recognise this might not be apparent to everyone. We’re consequently putting together practical, plain language factsheets, which outline some of our key messages.
- Conservation and cultural heritage
- Conservation and skills, learning and innovation
- Conservation and people and communities
- Conservation and the economy, business and industry
- Conservation and sustainability
- Conservation and soft power