Our key messages can be found below. The document explains in our voice who we are, what we do and to what impact. The messages are the bread and butter of our messaging and help us stay consistent when telling people about Icon and conservation and why it matters.
In our advocacy work, we aim to translate what cultural heritage conservation means for us in our everyday lives as individuals, communities and a society. While we know what a conservator does or what ACR stands for (Accredited Conservator-Restorer), we recognise this might not be apparent to everyone. We’re consequently putting together practical, plain language factsheets, which outline some of our key messages and that anyone can use when advocating for conservation.
- Conservation and cultural heritage
- Conservation and skills, learning and innovation
- Conservation and people and communities
- Conservation and the economy, business and industry
- Conservation and sustainability
- Conservation and soft power
- Value of collections care. Full statement here.
- Conservation or Restoration?