2019 Conservation Matters in Wales:Call for Papers
To: Friday 01.11.19
Glamorgan Archives, Clos Parc Morgannwg Leckwith, Cardiff CF11 8AW
Call for Paper for annual Conservation Matters in Wales (#CMW2019) conference.
This year’s theme of the annual Conservation Matters in Wales (#CMW2019) conference is busting the myth that conservators keep things as they are. We are going to celebrate and examine how conservators can disrupt, challenge or change traditional narratives and explanations. We are now seeking proposals for talks on ideas, case studies and impacts of disruptive conservation. Your 20 minute presentation might be on:
- Unusual or radical conservation techniques that might change the way conservation is viewed by the public or professionals,
- Conservation in relation to making and mending,
- Radical decision making in conservation,
- Empowerment through conservation – ways in which you let go of or shared control in a conservation process,
- Conservation to change – how a conservation project might lead to personal or social change,
- Rethinking the priorities of conservation practice.
Deadline for submission of abstracts (max. 200 words) to email@example.com: 1 November 2019.
Conservation Matters in Wales is jointly organised by Amgueddfa Cymru – National Museum Wales, the Federation of Museums and Art Galleries in Wales, and Cardiff University.