Call for Papers! The Nature of Textiles: Textile Group Forum
ICON Textile Group
To: Friday 01.12.17
CALL FOR PAPERS
Deadline: 1st December 2017
The ICON Textile Group invites you to submit a proposal to our annual Spring Forum.
We welcome interdisciplinary papers or posters of a theoretical or practical nature, either on the specific theme of ‘textiles and nature’, or on a general theme of new developments in the interpretation, care and conservation of textiles.
Potential topics for papers could include:
- conservation and mounting of items made from materials found in nature (both animal and plant-based)
- the development of new materials of natural origin
- designs and techniques inspired by nature
- new insights into the degradation of natural fibres
- the care and conservation of textiles and dress featuring natural history specimens
and or taxidermy
- sustainability and the environmental impact of textiles and conservation
The rest of the day will be made available for presentations on any current or recent area of textile conservation practice or research.
Presentations should last 20 minutes (c.1500 - 2000 words). Individuals should submit an abstract of no more than 200 words, with a title, author biography, and contact details. Postprints will be produced for this conference.
The Forum will be held on 21st May 2018 in the Museum of London.