Call for Papers: ‘We Love Records’
To: Friday 20.12.19
The Archives and Records Association UK & Ireland invites proposals for its 2020 Conference to be held in Chester between 2 and 4 September 2020
There are many fascinating subjects that will be covered in the conservation stream of the ARA conference in Leeds next year, with many new techniques and developments being introduced. Be sure to register and book a place. Keep up to date with what is happening in the preservation world as this is the only conference that deals directly with Archives conservation in the UK. Whatever your speciality, there will be chances to learn and contribute to the ever moving dynamic debate. As an opportunity to network with colleagues, the ARA conference is second to none and is an excellent way to add to your CPD portfolio.
We aim to accommodate different types of presentation. Some suggested formats are given below, but we are happy to consider alternatives. When you submit your proposal please give details of the format you would prefer or contact us for an informal discussion email@example.com
- Individual contributions – presentations of 20 minutes
- Panel sessions – up to three speakers presenting related papers on a specific theme or topic
- ‘30 minute makeover’ – standalone tutorials or smaller workshops
- ‘60 minute workshops’ – more time for practical demonstrations
- Lightning talks – pitch your big idea or burning issue in quick-fire five minute presentations
- Posters – an opportunity to highlight your contribution in our poster session
- We aim to devise a coherent programme, so please connect your proposal to the theme
- We would like proposals that will stimulate debate
- We want diverse panels of speakers. If you have particular requirements (e.g. accessibility, interpretation, etc.) please let us know and we will make every effort to accommodate you.
Anyone who has experience or expertise in working with records can submit a paper. Contributions are welcomed from across the UK and Ireland, and from colleagues in the global recordkeeping community. And of course we welcome submissions from other sectors too.
How do I submit a proposal?
Please use this link to make a submission:
If you require assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submissions is Friday 20 December 2019
Notification of invitations to speak will be confirmed in the week beginning 10 February 2020
The programme will be published in the week beginning 17 February 2020 and conference registration will open
All speakers will receive free conference registration for the day on which they are presenting. We are unable to pay accommodation costs, but speakers will be reimbursed travel expenses up to a maximum of £100.
Our conference venue
Our venue for 2020 will be the Crowne Plaza Hotel, located in the centre of the historic city of Chester and a short walk from the railway station. The hotel was built in 1989 and all of the conference facilities are on a single floor with level access. There is also a health club onsite. As usual colleagues from ARA North West will be welcoming conference visitors and showcasing what the region has to offer from historic sites to eating and drinking.