Call for Posters! The Nature of Textiles: Textile Group Forum
To: Monday 12.03.18
CALL FOR POSTERS
DEADLINE - Midday 12th March 2018
We welcome interdisciplinary posters of a theoretical or practical nature, either on the specific theme of ‘textiles and nature’, or on a general theme of new developments in the interpretation, care and conservation of textiles.
Potential topics for posters could include:
- conservation and mounting of items made from materials found in nature (both animal and plant-based)
- the development of new materials of natural origin
- designs and techniques inspired by nature
- new insights into the degradation of natural fibres
- the care and conservation of textiles and dress featuring natural history specimens and/or taxidermy
- sustainability and the environmental impact of textiles and conservation
Revated textile conservation practice or research topics will also be considered.
Individuals should submit an abstract of no more than 200 words, with a title, author biography, and contact details. Postprints will be produced for this conference.
Accepted poster authors are eligible to half price conference tickets. There will be a prize for best poster!
The forum will be held on 21st May 2018 in the Museum of London.