Linked Conservation Data Concluding Webinar
To: Friday 24.01.20
On Friday January 24, the Linked Conservation Data Consortium will hold a webinar on its activities for the past year and plans for the future.
With funding from the UK's Arts and Humanities Research Council and support by Icon, the Linked Conservation Data Consortium formed in the winter of 2019. Over the past year we have held a webinar, two in-person meetings, and shorter seminars around the UK. Much of the work accomplished in these meetings has been to review the current state of tools, methodology, and practice in Linked Open Data and analyze how they can be best adapted for conservation treatment documentation. We have identified needs to be addressed to make implementation of Linked Data for conservation documentation more accessible.
Participants in this webinar will discuss these topics as well as the ways in which we plan to move ahead through pilots, development, and collaborative projects.
This webinar is free and open for registration now. A zoom link for the webinar will be sent to all registered participants.
- Introduction, Kristen St. John (Stanford University) and Athanasios Velios (University of the Arts London)
- Work on vocabularies, Jon Ward (the J. Paul Getty Trust), Eleni Tsoulouha (Foundation of Research and Technology Hellas), Ceri Binding (University of South Wales) and Athanasios Velios (University of the Arts London)
- Modeling report, Kristen St. John (Stanford University) and Athanasios Velios (University of the Arts London)
- Next phase pilot and policy document, Nicole Gilroy (Bodleian Library) and Kristen St. John (Stanford University)
- Questions and concluding thoughts
Zoom Call Details:
When: Jan 24, 2020 08:00 AM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Linked Conservation Data Concluding Webinar
Register in advance online.