The Icon Archaeology Group is for all those concerned with archaeological conservation in the UK.
The Group was formed in 1976 when conservators working under the umbrella of the former UKIC established a forum for those working with, or with an interest in, the conservation of archaeological artefacts.
The Group's aims are:
- To establish and promote high standards for care and conservation of archaeological materials
- Support the development of skills and knowledge in the conservation and investigation of archaeological materials
- Provide a forum for communication within the discipline and related organisations
- Promote care and conservation of archaeological heritage among the public
- Represent the interests of the archaeological conservation profession