Next round of applications will open 4 October 2018
Book & Paper Group Professional Development Bursaries
We are pleased to announce that the Book & Paper Group is continuing with the next phase of our ongoing Professional Development Bursaries for book and paper conservators. One year into the scheme, we have doubled the value of the bursaries to £200 each!
The scheme – which is financed with profits from our 2015 Adapt and Evolve Conference – supports professional development by funding training and research in different areas of book and paper conservation. The Group will award up to five £200 bursaries every six months to support conservators undertaking such training or research. The bursaries can be used for professional development such as membership for other professional organisations, travel, tools, attendance for courses, workshops or conferences, etc.
The scheme is open to all Icon Book and Paper Group primary members who are currently employed in, or are pursuing a career in book or paper conservation. In order to benefit a range of members, we aim to award bursaries in the following categories:
• ACR/ACR Pathway
• Independent conservators
• Conservators employed in institutions
• Conservators who are currently unemployed
All bursary recipients will write a short report of their project, which will be published in Icon News.
The next round of applications will open from 4 Oct 2018. Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by date tba. Applications for events that occur before or during this time cannot be considered.
- Applicants must be current Icon members with Books and Paper as their primary group.
- The event for which you are requesting funding must take place within the year that follows your application.
- The next round of applications will open 4 Oct 2018. Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by date tba. Applications for events that occur before or during this period cannot be considered.
- Recipients will receive their bursary as a reimbursement of costs. Receipts for all costs must be submitted after the event.
- All applications will be judged anonymously by a subcommittee of the Book & Paper Group. The subcommittee’s decisions are final.
- Applications that exceed the word count cannot be considered.
- The cost of the training or research need not be exactly £200. The bursary can be a contribution towards an activity costing more than £200, and applications for less than £200 will also be considered.
- Successful recipients will be announced and will need to provide a short bio for the winners webpage.
- All bursary recipients must submit their project reports to Icon (including relevant images) within 1 month of completing the project.
- Successful applicants will be required to mention the contribution of the Icon BPG in any written, printed, on-line or other visual material relating to the event.
Unsuccessful applicants may reapply for future rounds of bursaries, but successful applicants may not.
Application form is closed until next round.
For any other questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as Book & Paper Group CPD Bursaries and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Image: Public Domain