Book & Paper Group Professional Development Bursaries
The Book & Paper Group are delighted to announce the details of our new Professional Development Bursaries for book and paper conservators.
The two year scheme – which is financed with profits from our 2015 Adapt and Evolve Conference – will support professional development by funding training and research in different areas of book and paper conservation. The Group will award up to five £100 bursaries every six months for the next two years to support conservators undertaking such training or research. The bursaries can be used for professional development such as membership for other professional organisations, travel, tools, attendance for courses, workshops or conferences, and etc.
The scheme is open to all Icon Book and Paper Group primary members who are current employed in, or are pursuing a career in book or paper conservation. In order to benefit a range of members, we aim to award bursaries in the following categories.
• ACR/ACR Pathway
• Independent conservators
• Conservators employed in institutions
• Conservators who are currently unemployed
All bursary recipients will write a short report of their project, which will be published in Icon News.
To apply for one of the bursaries you must complete a short form, which will include a brief statement about the project for which you are seeking funding.
The upcoming application deadline is May 5th, 2017.
The next round of applications will be announced in October 2017.
- Applicants must be current Icon members with Books and Paper as their primary group.
- Recipients will receive their bursary as a reimbursement of costs. Receipts for all costs must be submitted after the event.
- All applications will be judged anonymously by a subcommittee of the Book & Paper Group. The subcommittee’s decisions are final.
- Applications that exceed the word count cannot be considered.
- The cost of the training or research need not be exactly £100. The bursary can be a contribution towards an activity costing more than £100, and applications for less than £100 will also be considered.
- Successful recipients will be announced in May 2017 and will need to provide a short bio for the winners webpage.
- All bursary recipients must submit their project reports to Icon (including relevant images) within 1 month of completing the project.
- Unsuccessful applicants may reapply for future rounds of bursaries, but successful applicants may not.
For any other questions or concerns, please email email@example.com with the subject line as Book & Paper Group CPD Bursaries and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Image: Public Domain