Applications open 1st October - 21st October 2018
Book & Paper Group Professional Development Bursaries
We are delighted to announce that applications are now open for our the Autumn 2018 round of our Book & Paper Group Professional Development Bursaries for book and paper conservators.
The scheme – which started in 2015 financed by profits from our 2015 Adapt and Evolve Conference – supports professional development by funding training and research in different areas of book and paper conservation. The Group awards up to five £200 bursaries every six months to support conservators undertaking such training or research. The bursaries can be used for professional development such as membership for other professional organisations, travel, tools, attendance for courses, workshops or conferences, etc. We regret that we cannot fund accreditation, further/higher education courses or any internships that form part of a student’s required/assessed coursework.
The scheme is open to all Icon Book and Paper Group primary members who are currently employed in, or are pursuing a career in book or paper conservation. In order to benefit a range of members, we aim to award bursaries across the following categories:
- ACR/ACR Pathway
- Independent conservators
- Conservators employed in institutions
- Conservators who are currently unemployed
All bursary recipients will write a short blog post about their project, which will be published on the Icon Book and Paper Group blog and promoted across our social media platforms.
To apply for one of the bursaries you must complete a short form, which includes a brief statement (max. 250 words) about the project for which you are seeking funding. Please ensure you read the Notes section below before you complete your application.
Applications are open from 1st - 21st October 2018. Successful applicants will be notified by 5th November 2018. Applications for events that occur before or during this time cannot be considered.
- Applicants must be current Icon members with Books and Paper as their primary group.
- The event for which you are requesting funding must take place within the year that follows your application.
- Applications are open 1st - 21st October 2018. Successful applicants will be notified by 5th November 2018. Applications for events that occur before or during this period cannot be considered.
- Recipients will receive their bursary as a reimbursement of costs. Receipts for all costs must be submitted after the event.
- All applications will be judged anonymously by a subcommittee of the Book & Paper Group. The subcommittee’s decisions are final.
- Applications that exceed the word count cannot be considered.
- The cost of the training or research need not be exactly £200. The bursary can be a contribution towards an activity costing more than £200, and applications for less than £200 will also be considered.
- Successful recipients will need to provide a short bio for the winners webpage.
- All bursary recipients must submit their blog post to Icon Book and Paper Group (including relevant images) within 1 month of completing the project.
- Successful applicants will be required to mention the contribution of the Icon Book and Paper Group in any written, printed, on-line or other visual material relating to the event.
- Unsuccessful applicants may reapply for future rounds of bursaries, but successful applicants may not.
- Due to the number of applications received we regret that we are unable to provide individual feedback to unsuccessful applicants at this time.
Should you wish to apply for future rounds, applications for the 2019 rounds will be open on the following dates
Spring 2019: 1st - 21st April
Autumn 2019: 1st - 22nd October
For any other questions or concerns, please email our Bursaries Officer Rebecca Goldie at email@example.com with the subject line as Book & Paper Group Bursaries and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Image: Public Domain