Care of Collections resources
Please find below resources for general collection care along with the CCG Constitution
Caring for Collections during COVID 19
- Collections care in lockdown – Q&A panel video and transcript - Collections Trust
- Collections care in lockdown - list of primary source material collated by Collections Trust
- Conservation and care of collections guidance and links during the Coronavirus pandemic - ICON news
- COVID-19: Disinfecting Cultural Resouces - National Centre for Preservation Technology and Training
- Closed by COVID-19?A Practice Guide for managers of heritage collectionsthat are closed at short notice because of an epidemic or pandemic - Australian Institute for the Conservation of Cultural Material
- Closing a Museum for the Winter – Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI) Notes 1/3
- Benchmarks in Collection Care - Collections Trust
- Collection Surveys - American Museum of Natural History
- Managing Collections - Collections Trust
- Manual of Housekeeping - The National Trust
- ‘Dust in historic libraries’ Lloyd, H., Bendix, C., Brimblecombe, P. and D. Thickett, Museum Microclimates, eds. T. Padfield and K. Borchersen, (Copenhagen: The National Museum of Denmark, 2007) 135-144
- Impact of Dust on our Collections - The National Archives
- ‘Investigating and monitoring dust’ International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) International Preservation News No.53, May 2011 –
- The National Trust Manual of Housekeeping: the Care of Collections in Historic Houses Open to the Public, Bendix, C. and N. Pickwoad, ‘Books’, (Oxford: Elsevier/Butterworth-Heinemann, 2005) 475-487
- Emergency planning - Museum of London
- Climate for Collections: Standards and Uncertainties (Postprints of the Munich Climate Conference 7-9 November 2012) edited by Jonathan Ashley-Smith, Andreas Burmester and Melanie Eibl, Archetype Publications Ltd., London, 2013, 452pp. ISBN: 978-1-909492-00-4
- Handling Museum Objects - Museum of London
- Hazards in Collections - Museum of London, et al.
- Packing Museum Objects for Storage - Museum of London, et al.
- Packing Museum Objects for Moves - Museum of London, et al.
- Buggy Biz: integrated pest management in collections, Brokerhof, A. W. et al., 2007. Netherlands Institute for Cultural Heritage (NICH), Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Insect Pests found in Historic Houses and Museums - English Heritage
- Integrated pest management for collections : proceedings of 2001: a Pest Odyssey, Kingsley, H. et al, eds., 2001, James & James: London.
- Integrated Pest Management in Museum, Library and Archival Facilities: A Step by Step Approach for the Design, Development, Implementation and Maintenance of an Integrated Pest Management Program, Harmon, J. D., 1993, Harmon Preservation Pest Management: Indianapolis
- Introduction to Museum Pests - Museum of London, et al.
- Pest Management: A practical guide, Pinniger, D. , 2008, Collections Trust , Cambridge
- Pest management in museums, archives and historic houses, Pinniger , D., 2001. Archetype, London,
- Pest Odyssey
- Pesticide mitigation in museum collections : science in conservation : proceedings from the MCI workshop series, Charola, E. A. and Koestler , R. J., 2010, Smithsonian Museum Conservation Institute Workshop on Pesticide Mitigation (2007 : Washington, D.C.), Smithsonian Institution Scholarly Press: Washington D.C.
- What's Eating Your Collection - Collections Trust, Birmingham Museums
- Historical Perspectives on Preventive Conservation (Getty Conservation Institute’s Readings in Conservation) edited by Sarah Staniforth, Getty Conservation Institute, Los Angeles, 2013, 426pp. ISBN: 978- 1-60606-142-8
- Preservation Guides - British Library
- Preventive Conservation in Museums. Caple, C. (2012). Leicester Readers in Museum Studies. Oxford: Routledge.
- Preventive Conservation: The State of the Art. Studies in Conservation - IIC 2018 Turin Congress preprints (subscription only)
- Sustainable Preservation Practices - IPI