What is Icon Documentation Network?
We are members of Icon who are interested in conservation documentation as a separate conservation sub-domain. We believe that documentation is an integral part of conservation work and should not be seen separately. We also believe that the advent of technology requires a more focused approach to the development of tools and methodologies for documentation.
We organize regular meetings, twice a year (including online participants). In March 2017 it was decided to run future meetings with a rolling Chair and Secretary, currently Jenny Marchant and Sarah Jarron respectively. These will be reviewed at the 10th meeting in Spring 2018.
Our current areas of focus are:
- Developing guidelines and examples of best practice for documentation
- Developing a forum for sharing best practices
- Assessing and improving teaching around conservation
- Strengthening links with key stakeholders in conservation documentation
- The Documentation Network's contribution to Icon Conference 2019
Our scope was discussed during the first meeting in November 2013. For more information, including a list of current participants, please refer to the meeting minutes.
Each special interest group can designate a member to represent their group within the Documentation Network.
- Book & Paper: Francesca Whymark
- Paintings: Helen Dowding
- Photographic Materials: Lorraine Finch
- Scotland: Simona Cenci
- Stained Glass: Sarah Jarron