Who is this network for?
Conservation educators, conservation students, professional conservators and colleagues from related disciplines that may be interested in conservation education/training.
- To create a platform to share ideas on conservation education.
- To enable members to discuss current challenges for conservation education and plan strategies.
- To provide members a platform from which to discuss the needs of conservation education with practitioners.
- To keep education in synch with the developments of the profession in different contexts.
- To contribute to any of ICON’s strategy work that impacts education and training strategy work.
Potential areas of discussion include:
- Current and future challenges for the conservation discipline/profession.
- How to offer relevant training considering the broad scope of the profession.
- Impact of incorporating new technologies in conservation training.
- Dichotomies between cross-disciplinary and specialised training.
- Role of undergraduate education in conservation as well as in cross-disciplines (i.e. archaeology, anthropology, art).