Icon Policy and Advocacy
Through our policy and advocacy work Icon aims to:
- Extend our influence as a strong voice for the conservation of cultural heritage.
- Promote the value of high quality conservation with our partners and with the public.
- Become the authoritative source of information on conservation in practice, policy, and the profession.
Through new research, consultation responses, campaigns, letter writing, meetings with decisionmakers, and policy papers we are working towards influencing the policies of UK governments, NGOs and other voluntary and professional bodies throughout the UK. We seek to drive positive change in the heritage sector and enhance appreciation and understanding of the conservation of our heritage.
Image c. Jennifer Marchant
Responses, Statements and Letters
- Icon statement on The Taylor Review: Sustainability of English Churches and Cathedrals
- Icon statement on The Heritage Statement
- Icon statement on The Mendoza Review: an independent review of museums in England