Architectural Stone and Sculpture Conservator
Skillington Workshop Ltd seek a Architectural Stone and Sculpture Conservator
Established in 1997, Skillingtons specialise in high quality conservation repairs and consultancy to architectural stone, sculpture, mosaics, decorative plasterwork and architectural ceramics. Our clients include churches, cathedrals, historic houses, museums, national institutions and private clients throughout the UK, but with a particular focus on the East Midlands and East Anglia.
We are seeking an experienced stone and sculpture conservator to join our team. You will:
• Have a recognised conservation qualification as well as relevant site and workshop experience.
• Have experience in lime work and in handling large stone sculpture, and be familiar with professional conservation issues and best practice.
• Expect to carry out all work to a high standard.
• Be able to carry out condition surveys and treatment recommendations and will keep written and photographic treatment records as a matter of course.
• Enjoy problem solving and working on unique and varied projects.
• Have an interest in art and architectural history.
• Be a good communicator and a team player.
• Be willing to occasionally work away, and be happy to work from scaffolding.
• Have a full driving licence.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please send your CV (in PDF or Word format) with covering e mail to email@example.com – or by post with covering letter to:
Dr David Carrington ACR FSA, Skillington Workshop Ltd, Units 6-7 Hollis Road, Grantham, Lincolnshire NG31 7QH. Tel 01476 565671.
The intention is to interview in late May 2019 and that the successful candidate(s) can be in post as soon as possible after that. Interviews will be held at the workshop in Grantham.