Easel Painting Conservator
Simon Gillespie Studio are seeking an Easel Painting Conservator
Simon Gillespie Studio is a Fine Art Conservation and Restoration studio based in London’s Mayfair. Our clients include major auction houses, international art galleries, as well as important corporate and private collections. In recent years we have treated works by artists ranging from Rubens, van Dyck, Titian, Duccio and Velasquez to Burne-Jones, Lowry, Picasso, Banksy, and Katz.
We are seeking an experienced Easel Paintings Conservator to join our team.
Key requirements for the role:
• A recognised qualiﬁcation in the Conservation of Easel Paintings
• A minimum of 3 years of practical experience in Painting Conservation
• An interest in the conservation of modern artworks is desirable
• Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills, both with colleagues and with clients or prospective clients
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• Proﬁciency in accurately assessing the condition of works of art, and proposing treatments (including recommended preventive measures). Clarity in explaining the diﬀerent options to clients, including advising on the best option if more than one course of action is available
• Ability to work on conservation treatments both independently and as part of a team, including taking responsibility as an individual and within the team
• Ability to provide specialist advice for storage, packing, transport and installation of works of art.
• A willingness to keep up to date with the latest conservation practices, to build expertise through research and formal training, and to share knowledge with the rest of the team
• Analytical and problem-solving skills and a pragmatic approach
• Organisational and planning skills to eﬀectively manage multiple projects and changing priorities/deadlines
• Good business sense, an interest in the operations of the business, and a ‘go-getter’ approach
Successful applicants must be resident in the United Kingdom and be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Please note that we cannot sponsor any individual in applying for a visa.
Please send your CV with a cover letter outlining how you meet the speciﬁcations for the role to Palmyre Manivet: email@example.com