Culture x Climate 2020 campaign launches
Join decision-makers, experts & practitioners from across the globe at #CultureXClimate, a virtual forum for arts, culture & heritage-based climate action.
Culture x Climate 2020 is a virtual global forum for arts, culture and heritage-based climate action presented by the Climate Heritage Network. Running from 12 October to 27 November, it offers an online selection of panel sessions and a series of informative webinars and action-oriented forums. Attendees can access a variety of virtual formats to accommodate different topics, time zones, and languages.
Culture x Climate 2020 will bring together leaders, practitioners, researchers, and experts from business, government, universities and civil society to promote new partnerships between cultural actors and stakeholders across sectors. It aims to enhance the capacity of the arts, culture and heritage sectors to help build a climate-neutral and resilient world, and to prepare these sectors to play their part in creating unstoppable climate momentum.
Icon Chief Executive Sara Crofts is a member of the international steering group of the Climate Heritage Network and Icon is co-ordinating Activity 1 of the Madrid-to-Glasgow Arts, Culture and Heritage Climate Action Plan (COP26).
Culture x Climate 2020 will spotlight a different theme each week:
- October 12-18: Culture x Climate 2020 Launch: Mobilising Arts, Culture and Heritage for Climate Action
- October 19-25: Supporting Climate Action by Local Communities and Indigenous Peoples
- Oct 26 –November 1: Communicating the Role of Cultural Heritage in Climate Action
- November 2-8: Mainstreaming Culture and Heritage into Climate Planning
- November 9-15: Making the Case for Building Reuse through Better Metrics for Avoided, Operational and Embodied Carbon
- November 16-22: Valuing Traditional Knowledge in Climate Action
- November 16-22: Climate Heritage Week “A Culture of Resilience: Mobilising Arts, Culture and Heritage to Win the Race to Zero” presented as part of the UN November Dialogues
- November 23-27: Using Culture to Promote Climate Resilient Sustainable Development
Get access to further info and invites by registering here.
It really matters – and we need your help. Icon makes the case to decision makers on issues that affect cultural heritage, and members are the foundation of our efforts. Join us today!