Fair Museums Jobs, #FMJSummit Programme Launched
#FMJSummit will take place from 23rd to 29th November this year. It is being organised by Fair Museums Jobs in partnership with Group for Education in Museums (GEM) and supported by Art Fund.
The first 27 sessions represent a range of their planned strands, giving everyone the chance to learn about new, or familiar, job roles, get some advice on managing your own career – including time for reflection and personal development and the first set of “real talk” where they will analyse and dismantle the issues of the museum and heritage sector recruitment.
All the events are completely free to attend. To find out more and to book your place please click here >>
With even more sessions due to be announced soon, this will certainly be an inspiring and engaging week.
Monday 23 November
- Breakfast with Fair Museum Jobs
- How to successfully manage trainees and apprentices
- What’s it like to be a museum curator?
- Doing well at interviews
- Things no-one tells you about Parental Leave
Tuesday 24 November
- Development Breakfast: What counts as professional development anyway?
- What’s it like to work in small museums?
- What’s it like to work in volunteer management?
- What’s it like to work in museum operations?
- Better together: unions in the heritage sector
- Moving into leadership
Wednesday 25 November
- What’s it like to work in collections management?
- What’s it like to be a museum director or museum manager?
Thursday 26 November
- Development Breakfast: How to research an organisation
- What’s it like to be a freelancer in museums and heritage?
- Tales from the Job Centre
Friday 27 November
- Development Breakfast: Mentoring
- Anti-racism in museum recruitment
- What’s it like to work in museum visitor experience and front of house?
- What’s it like to work in conservation and collections care
Saturday 28 November
- Development Breakfast: Keeping track of your career
- Building professional confidence
- Your personal values and how to use them
Sunday 29 November
- What’s it like to work in museum archives?
- Finding your Creative Why
- A Guide to Networking
- Freelancing in museums – by the numbers
Be connected, be inspired – and join our call for high standards in conservation.
Image: Creative commons