Icon Heritage Science Group: Photo Competition Launched
The Icon Heritage Science Group are excited to announce the opening of a photo competition
Entrants are encouraged to submit photos which capture the essence of heritage science in relation to conservation and the challenges and rewards it encompasses. Entries can be made by tweeting the photo to @IconSci, including #photocomp within the tweet. The competition will open on the 2nd February 2017 and the closing date for all entries is the 31st May 2017. Winners will be announced at the Icon Heritage Science Group AGM on the 5th July 2017. First prize will see their image as the cover of Icon news and runners up will receive a voucher.
1. The Promoter is Icon, the Institute of Conservation (company no 5201058), whose registered office is at 3.G.2 The Leathermarket, Weston Street, London SE1 3ER.
2. Open to UK residents aged 16 and over only. To be eligible entrants must not be Icon staff, Trustees or contractors.
3. Entrants must tweet images using the hashtag #photocomp and including @iconsci
4. There is no entry fee for the competition, but entrants should be aware that they might be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access.
5. Competition closes at midnight on Wednesday 31st May 2017 (the “Closing Date”). All entries received by the Closing Date will be entered into the draw for the prize. Prize winners will be notified at the Icon HSG AGM on Wednesday 5th July 2017. The result of the competition will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Icon will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is to be delivered.
7. There will be up to four (4) prizes available to up to four (4) entrants. The prize cannot be transferred, nor will any substitutions or alternatives be available. There will be no cash alternative in whole or in part.
8. If suitable images are entered, the first prize will have their image feature on the cover of the Icon News. Additional prizes include gift certificates.
9. Entrants can tweet up to three different images for the competition using the hashtag.
10. Images shared on social media as part of the competition must be the original work of the entrant and not previously published anywhere else. The entrant must have permission to include people, objects, property and any copyrighted material in the image. Entries must not contain anything defamatory, obscene, illegal or otherwise inappropriate as may be deemed by Icon (the “Promoter”).
11. Entrants agree to the transfer of copyright ownership to Icon and confirm any necessary permission of people/items that feature in the image have been obtained.
12. By entering, all entrants license Icon a worldwide royalty-free perpetual license to edit, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online, including the Icon HSG website) for publicity and news purposes relating to this competition. Icon is under no obligation to publish any entries.
13. The publication of an entry does not mean the entrant has won the prize draw.
14. Winning entrants agree to participate in reasonable publicity relating to the competition with Icon, including but not limited to having their name published with their entry.
15. Icon will not be liable for technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit or prohibit an entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. Icon will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of the winner’s (or their guest’s) enjoyment of the prize.
16. Icon reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the competition (including altering prizes) if, in our sole discretion, a competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. Icon reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value in the event that circumstances beyond their control make this unavoidable.
17. Icon is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
18. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
19. By entering, all entrants agree to abide by each and all these terms and conditions.
Lead Image: Mary Rose - Michael Nelles