Icon introduces new Pathway membership category for 2020/21 membership year.
We are delighted to announce a new and dedicated membership category for Icon members working towards accreditation - to be known as Pathway member which will be ready for you to join at renewals in April 2020.
The Pathway membership category has been developed in response to feedback from Icon members, which asked us to look at both the cost of Accreditation as well as in how the existing ‘PACR Pathway’ designation for Associate members was being used, and how effective it was in supporting members on their route to accreditation.
By introducing this new membership category we are able to:
- Remove the Stage One application form (and fee), and so reduce the cost of Accreditation Application fees to £600 (from £850).
- Clearly demonstrate that Pathway members are conservators actively pursuing accreditation.
- Better support Icon members on their route to accreditation.
To join this category you must be a conservator with either a formal conservation qualification or able to demonstrate at least five years relevant experience.
Why should you become a Pathway member?
- Recognition by Icon that you are a Pathway member actively pursuing accreditation regardless of your employment position (employed / self-employed, between posts or unemployed).
- Support from an Icon Mentor with experience of the assessment process
- Dedicated professional development opportunities and advice.
- An annual check to help you understand how you are progressing towards submitting an application.
- Support in monitoring and managing your own continuing professional development.
You must be a Pathway member in order to apply for accreditation.
The fees for Pathway members will be £150 / year (£123 / year concessionary - available to those earning under £20,000 / year), and the sooner you become accredited the less you’ll pay overall to become an Icon Accredited Member.
2020 marks the 20th anniversary year of Accreditation for conservators