Review of Icon's Professional Standards
We are embarking on a review of Icon's Professional Standards to ensure that they are fit for purpose and meet the needs of professional conservators.
Questions posed in the last Membership Survey and the 2019 Accreditation Review process indicated a good level of satisfaction with the Standards, with a few areas indicated where improvements could be made. As such Icon is inviting all members to submit comments they have which can then be taken into account of as part of the review process. The review is not expected to result in fundamental changes, but we are expecting to:
- ensure that the Standards are up to date
- improve their clarity and ease of use
- make sure that they can be applied across all the contexts and specialisms that conservators work in.
As the first stage of the review, we are inviting all conservators – and other interested parties with a detailed knowledge of the Standards – to comment on the existing Standards. Your response is equally welcome whether you are making detailed comments about several areas of the Standards or have one specific matter that you want to raise.
How to take part
1. Download the review document.
2. Take the time to consider your responses, we suggest that you use the spaces provided in the document to note your comments.
3. Visit the online survey.
4. Copy and paste your responses into the boxes provided.
Responses must be received by 9am on Monday 30th September 2019.
If you have any questions please contact Patrick Whife on email@example.com or 020 3142 6799.
Lead image, © Jennifer Marchant