The Heritage Alliance Publishes 2019 Fiscal Manifesto
The Heritage Alliance, a coalition of independent heritage organisations in England, has published its new fiscal manifesto 'Backing the Bedrock,' which sets out five fiscal and funding priorities for heritage in 2019.
The manifesto outlines shared priorities across the Alliance’s membership and details five funding and fiscal measures to give the heritage sector a positive future:
- Champion our world-leading heritage sector on the world stage - maximising Brexit’s opportunities, and minimising its challenges for heritage;
- Ensure continued National Lottery funding for the heritage sector and adequate funding for Historic England;
- Promote heritage assets as part of creating vibrant places and more homes;
- Reform the tax regime to promote the repair and maintenance of our nation’s irreplaceable heritage assets;
- Help the heritage sector to attract more investment and engagement and build sector skills and capacity.
As a member of the Heritage Alliance, Icon and the Icon Policy Advisory Panel were consulted on the writing of the manifesto.
You can read the document in full on the Heritage Alliance website.
Image: Creative Common